Dorico crashes in M1 Mac OS 13.4.1 - Rhythmic Feel

I am trying to add a rhythmic feel to the beginning of my score. The first time I pasted it from where I tested it later in the flow, it crashed immediately.

I then recovered the file, typed it in manually, and now it crashes instantly upon playing back.

The rhythmic feel I’m adding is “light swing 16ths”.

I’m sorry to hear about this. Could you please do Help > Create Diagnostic Report and attach the resulting zip file here, and also attach the project itself, if you feel comfortable doing so? If not, you can send the project to me via a private message.

I clicked on the dialogue option multiple times “Send to Steinberg”. You’re going to hate me for saying this but after giving up and moving on, Dorico has crashed at least 20 times related to other things, so I don’t even know if I’m going to be able to find this particular report.

Dorico Diagnostics.zip (1.8 MB)
The problem continues with this project, so I was able to recreate it.
Drop the needle.dorico (2.0 MB)
Thanks for looking into this!

It’s worth noting that adding a Rhythmic Feel at the beginning of some of my other projects does not create an issue.

Thanks very much for the diagnostics, Joshua. The problem you are running into is one we have fixed in our development builds and a fix will be included in the next Dorico 5 update, which is coming pretty soon now. I’m sorry for the inconvenience caused in the meantime. I’d be willing to bet that the crashes you’ve been experiencing all have the same proximate cause.