Dorico crashes when adding instruments to a percussion kit

I know some people have reported crashes related to percussion kits. I’m afraid I’ll have to join them. Dorico crashed every time I tried to add instruments to a percussion kit in one of my recent projects.

I managed to solve the issue by creating a new kit with all the instruments I needed, copying the music and deleting the old player. I saved the old file with a different name so I’m posting this just in case someone in the team wants to have a look at it for mere curiosity.

Please do Help > Create Diagnostic Report and attach the resulting zip file created on your desktop called Dorico Diagnostics.zip to a reply here. If you could also attach a version of your project file that would allow us to reproduce the problem, that would be ideal.

Hi Daniel! Posting my work here is a bit of a sensitive issue, so I sent it to your email with the diagnostics file. I’ve also attached the last crash log.

Antonio

1. Open project
  2. In Setup>Drum Set>Drum Set>Edit Percussion Kit…
  3. Click the “+” button to open instrument picker.
  4. Select “Tom-tom (medium-low)”

Happens 100% of the time for me.

**Leigh
Drum Set Config.dorico.zip (1.22 MB)
Dorico Diagnostics.zip (964 KB)

It doesn’t crash for me. Perhaps try updating to the latest version, 3.5.11?

Yes, you are running Dorico 3.5.0, Leigh. Please update to Dorico 3.5.10, which you can download here.

I didn’t realize it was still the old one. Thanks!

**Leigh