Dorico crashes when closing application

Hi, let me know if this is a previously discussed topic that I just haven’t found.

I’m getting a lot of crashes upon closing the application. It gives me a prompt wether I’d like to reopen or ignore. I guess it doesn’t matter too much since it’s always after I have saved and quit Dorico but it feels a bit strange. In one of my templates it crashed 100% of the time I quit the app so I reconstructed the template from scratch and it still crashes. I’ve tried it on two different computers with the same result.

Any ideas?

Please do Help > Create Diagnostic Report and upload the resulting zip file here, so we can take a look and see what might be going on.

Dorico Diagnostics.zip (787.4 KB)

Thanks for sending your diagnostics. It looks to me as if Dorico’s video engine is crashing. I will ask my colleagues in the video engine team if they have any idea what might be going on.

Thank you Daniel!

I am experiencing the same problem and would be very grateful for suggestions. It’s not a game-breaking problem, but very annoying, because after every session I have to force quit the application and sometimes this also means that I have to revert to a backup-autosave.

Welcome to the forum, @m_kubanda. Could you do Help > Create Diagnostic Report and attach the resulting zip file here so we can take a look?

Yes of course. Thank you!
Dorico Diagnostics.zip (1.2 MB)

Thanks for the diagnostics. The crashes are in the audio engine, so I will ask my colleague @Ulf to take a look and see if he can offer any assistance.

Hi @m_kubanda ,

the crashes are actually in the plug-in Harpsichord from Sonivox.
When you unzip your diagnostics report, in the subfolder Crashes you will find two IPS files. Please take them and file a bug report with Sonivox.

Thank you for the quick reply! I will contact Sonivox in that case and hope that they can come up with a solution :slight_smile:

1 Like