Dorico crashing, lagging

Dear all,
Firstly, my Dorico (5.1 elements) keeps closing down-crushing (even after reinstalling). Moreover is lagging.
My comp specs at the moment are (Win 11)
Intel(R) Core™ i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.80 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64 bit.
Is this considered a botom line for smooth use of Dorico? Non of other programs are lagging (I do use for orchestral scores -5 min in lenght only).

The second thing is audio, the settings keeps restoring, therefore I do not hear sound, only after changing the parameters I could continue. (over and over again).

Thank you in advance for all your suggestions and positive thaughts:)
S.

No, this isn’t normal. Please provide a diagnostic report, from the Help menu.

Usual causes of crashing are things like problems with third-party VSTs; and audio drivers.

But, without the report, there’s no way of knowing what’s going on.

I’m sure someone here will be able to figure out the problem, so you can start enjoying Dorico!

Hello, thanks for the question. The diagnostic zip file is 7.5 MB, the maximum size allowed here is 4MB. Any tip?

zip it (split) :interrobang:

Can you host it on a cloud site, like Dropbox, OneDrive, etc?

You can send it to me via email at d dot spreadbury at steinberg dot de. Please include a link to this thread in your email.

:slight_smile: mpossible to send link via forum, have tried also to split zip, but no simple combination works…i did not want to mix all the folders though… Anyway, thanks to all, I have sent by email to the masters…!:slight_smile:
Looking forward.
S.

Hello Simon, I’m afraid your system might be too light… My previous Windows 10 machine was a 6 core (12 logical processors) i7-5820K 3.30 GHz with 16 GB RAM zand 512 GB SSD + hard disks. Having Dorico Pro 3.x rendering Saint-Saëns Organ Symphony (all with VSL libraries) would bring the machine on its knees.
I upgraded to a AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12 core (24 processors) at 3.8 GHz, 32 GB RAM and 2.5 TB SSD + hard disks. It does make a huge difference for Dorico Pro 5 :slight_smile: .
Please note: I have no experience with Dorico Elements, it may ask much less resources (and you may not need such a large SSD).
Success with your endeavours! Robrecht

1 Like