Dorico crashing when inputting grand staff

Hi guys, I tried to submit a ticket, but it sent me to a list of local dealers, and I just couldn’t find how to contact support.

To recreate. Add piano. Select note entry for treble staff. Shift down to allow both staves to be input. Select eighth note. Start playing. It gets about 8 or 10 notes in then crashes.

Happy to provide more info. Anyone else have this issue? I’m on win 7.

Cheers
Luke

Hi Luke, the team will want you to upload your crash logs to your post here. You’ll need to zip them first.

Luke, sorry to hear you’re having problems. Please do Help > Create Diagnostic Report, which will create a zip file called “Dorico Diagnostics.zip” on your desktop. Please then attach that here.

If you’re on Windows, please make sure you follow the steps under “Dorico is crashing. What do I do?” in the FAQ thread to make sure Dorico is producing crash logs.

Thanks for your replay Daniel. The zip is too large to attach (23MB). Should I try creating smaller zip files?

I have 5 dmp files and one vstaudioengine dmp in the crashes folder. That’s the culprit. Should I just send through one dorico3 dmp and the audioengine dmp?

Send them all to me via WeTransfer.com to d dot spreadbury at steinberg dot de.

Done! Thanks Daniel!

Thanks for the diagnostics, Luke. The crash logs show what is happening to an extent, but not sufficient for us to figure out what’s going on. Could you please make a screen recording of the process of starting a new score from the ‘Solo piano’ template and inputting some notes to reproduce the crash, and then send that to me via WeTransfer as well?

Just sent!

Thanks for the video. We have now been able to reproduce the problem, which is to do with specific combinations of pitches being input across the two staves of the piano, and we’ll fix this in the next update. Sorry for the inconvenience!

That was fast! Fantastic news. I wondered if it was to do with the specific notes I was playing.

Thanks again for all your efforts!