Dorico Demo

Hey all,

since I didn’t find any official information about a demo of Dorico I tried and downloaded it from the support->downloads page at steinberg.net

It installed and it works (not Halion SE Symphonic though, not even a trial, but my other VST instruments from Cubase work). I don’t have any problems running it, playing scores back and all that stuff. I don’t get a popup asking for activation or saying something about a trial with limited functionality or anything like that.

Is that intended? Just want to make sure there’s no sudden issue that enables people to simply download and use it without the need to pay and activate it. I’ll sure buy it, but I thought I’d try it first to see if it’s worth switching.

Darian

If you have a full Cubase, Nuendo or WaveLab license, you will also have an “All Applications” trial license on your USB-eLicenser that allows you to use other Steinberg products for a limited time (a total of four hours, I think), and Dorico is included in that list of applications. So if you are already a Steinberg customer you can get a very time-limited trial version even before the “real” 30-day trial becomes available before the end of next month.

Ah, thanks Daniel. I didn’t know that.

Interested to try the 4 hour demo, but nothing show up in the Download assistant.

See this thread.

question 1)

If you have a full Cubase, Nuendo or WaveLab license, you will also have an “All Applications” trial license on your USB-eLicenser that allows you to use other Steinberg products for a limited tim

I have a license on the eLicenser for Cubase Elements 7. I see no “All Applications” trial license. Does this not apply here?

1. Since I have now downloaded what I assume to be the complete Dorico program - if I now purchase it, can it be used as is (after activating it with a code I suppose) or do I have to download everything again?

No, I believe you will only have the “All Applications” license with a full Cubase Pro, Nuendo or WaveLab Pro license.

You don’t need to download anything again when you do eventually buy Dorico: just type in the supplied activation code and you’ll be all set (unless there’s an update available by then, although you would still need only to download the update to Dorico itself in that case).

Hi Daniel,

Sorry to have to ask further… I have Cubase Pro, but no All Applications license. Is there any remedy?

That I’m afraid I’m not sure about. I suggest you contact support and ask them about it. Sorry that I’m unable to help you directly myself on this one.

[quote="wcreed"Sorry to have to ask further… I have Cubase Pro, but no All Applications license. Is there any remedy?[/quote]

Have you maybe already used up your 4 hours by trying out other Steinberg products?

According to the info page, the licence remains on the eLicenser even if it has expired. I bought boxed Cubase, but I have no demo license.

Hello,

Have you maybe already used up your 4 hours by trying out other Steinberg products?[/quote]

Sometimes this license is not generated.

Best regards,
GN

Hello,

It remains until you perform a maintenance on the eLicenser Control Center, the maintenance removes all expired license. Still, if it has expired you cannot use it anymore therefore it will be removed.

Best regards,
GN

No, never used it. Never knew it was supposed to be there…

Can’t find the “all applications” license for a 4 hrs demo either, and I am using Cubase 8.5 pro on W10 and never used any demo time whatsoever (I still have the Hypersonic demo license available). Would be good to wet my appetite for a Dorico purchase this year.

Will the full demo, which will be available to everyone later, be a full demo or limited demo? Also, how long will the full demo run for?

Thanks!

As with all Steinberg Demo I’m sure there’ll be no limitations during the demo period. And I think I read somewere that it’s suppoed to be a 30 day trial.

Hello,

Then you simply don’t have it, and/or you never had, specially if it is a Cubase Pro 8.5 license. You might have this license only on brand new USB-eLicensers.

What pumpkin said,

Yes, like all our demos it will be fully functional, the only difference is the license, that will eventually expired after 30 days.

Best regards,
GN

Where can I download the demo?

Today it should be downloadable, isn’t it?

More about the Demo
https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=246&t=106691