Dorico doesn´t load xml-file and freezes

When I try to load the mxl-file, which is in the link below, into Dorico, the program loads until 75% and then freezes. The file will not be loaded and I have to restart Dorico.
The file was created the Musescore.

I tried it. It loaded to 88% for me and subsequently froze.

Sounds like a problem with the XML export. You might want to try deleting certain things, like rehearsal marks or playing techniques. Sounds like something is gumming it up.

Ok, tried it again and got “Music XML validation failed.”

Also, see below. Sounds like some problem with ties.

ERROR - Element ‘tie’: This element is not expected. Expected is one of ( instrument, footnote, level, voice, type, dot, accidental, time-modification, stem, notehead ).
At line 58615 of file:/C:/Users/DANLAP~1/AppData/Local/Temp/Dorico%202/e798-a6e0-9a93-9cde
ERROR - Element ‘tie’: This element is not expected. Expected is one of ( instrument, footnote, level, voice, type, dot, accidental, time-modification, stem, notehead ).
At line 222149 of file:/C:/Users/DANLAP~1/AppData/Local/Temp/Dorico%202/e798-a6e0-9a93-9cde
At line 222166 of file:/C:/Users/DANLAP~1/AppData/Local/Temp/Dorico%202/e798-a6e0-9a93-9cde
At line 230433 of file:/C:/Users/DANLAP~1/AppData/Local/Temp/Dorico%202/e798-a6e0-9a93-9cde
At line 230450 of file:/C:/Users/DANLAP~1/AppData/Local/Temp/Dorico%202/e798-a6e0-9a93-9cde
At line 231373 of file:/C:/Users/DANLAP~1/AppData/Local/Temp/Dorico%202/e798-a6e0-9a93-9cde
At line 231390 of file:/C:/Users/DANLAP~1/AppData/Local/Temp/Dorico%202/e798-a6e0-9a93-9cde
At line 231666 of file:/C:/Users/DANLAP~1/AppData/Local/Temp/Dorico%202/e798-a6e0-9a93-9cde
At line 231683 of file:/C:/Users/DANLAP~1/AppData/Local/Temp/Dorico%202/e798-a6e0-9a93-9cde
At line 264324 of file:/C:/Users/DANLAP~1/AppData/Local/Temp/Dorico%202/e798-a6e0-9a93-9cde

I tried the import and had the same problem. Dorico hangs at 75%. Than I tested the reimport in Musescore. No change. The error message was: The file is not valid. As a second test I imported the file in PriMus and in Capella. I was possible in both programs but I got error messages.

Imported to Finale and got this error message (below).

I think we’ve established it’s not a Dorico problem.

XML no bueno.png

Funnily enough, even MuseScore 3 gives the following error when trying to import:

It seems to be an issue of Musescore, which created the xml.file. But Dorico should have some kind of error-protection. It crashes, when the file is corrupted.

When I loaded it the second time, it didn’t crash. It gave me an error message but allowed me to close out normally.

I still can´t import the file into Dorico. Everytime I try to, the import stops at 75% and then Dorico freezes. It seems to be an issue of Dorico and not of Musescore, which I assumed first. I imported this xml-file into Sibelius without any problems. Then I exported the file again as xml and tried to load this file into Dorico. But the result was still the same. Dorico freezes at 75% . So, please dear Dorico team, can you check it, why this file can´t be loaded into Dorico.

That’s interesting. I just tried to get it into Sibelius 19.1 and it responded: “This is not a MusicXML file and cannot be loaded: Element tie is not defined in this scope”

I haven’t been able to import this file as it appears that there are some infinite repeats, which typically means that you have missing start repeat barlines ( ||: ) and so every time you encounter an end repeat barline it goes back to the very start of the score and interprets all the previous repeats again. Try adding in the missing barlines and import again.