Dorico doesn't assign Bass Clarinet to HALion

I’ve been adding instruments to my score as I go, and thus far Dorico has plugged each player into a corresponding HALion instrument behind the scenes. The one exception seems to be bass clarinet, who isn’t assigned to any instrument.

Any ideas why this would be? I’m not super-familiar with HALion; can I manually load up another instrument into the next empty slot without disrupting the next Player’s instrument assignment?
Screen Shot 2018-02-21 at 4.15.57 PM.png

From the Play menu, try using ‘Load sounds for unassigned instruments’, or if that doesn’t work you can reset the playback for all instruments using ‘Apply default playback template’ - but if you’ve changed any other instruments then they will be reset too.

Thanks, I’ll give that a try!

“Load sounds for unassigned instruments” -> no effect.
“Apply default playback template” -> fixed the problem, but as you said, it overwrote my customizations.

Any idea what causes the problem?

I suspect the problem is simply that the clarinet patch in HSO doesn’t extend sufficiently far downwards to cover the whole range of the bass clarinet: I suggest you open the bass clarinet’s track header in Play mode so you can see which channel in which instance of HALion Sonic SE it’s using, then open the appropriate instance of HSSE, and load the clarinet GM patch instead of the HSO clarinet – the GM patch covers the whole range.