Dorico Educational Discount

Good Afternoon Dorico Forums,

This is mostly meant for the staff at Dorico but I was wondering if it would be too out of the blue to not only allow the Dorico Educational Discount for College Students and Teachers but if you could also extend this to High School Students and Teachers? If you’re not okay with that, I completely understand.

Thank you for your time,
Ian Hook

I believe any kind of Student and Teacher at any institution is eligible for the Education discount.

Benwiggy,

This is unfortunately not the case. When you have to verify your school, only colleges are available.

Hi Ian. Schools including high schools (US) are included in the educational discount. I’ll email you (on the same email as last night) and get more details from you about this.
John

How about elementary school? My son is 9, and his composition teacher wants him to move from Sibelius to dorico. Eligible for an educational discount?

Welcome to the forum, Joshua. Yes, I believe provided your son is in full-time education, he’ll be eligible for the educational discount.

Daniel, this may be a bit of “if you give a mouse a cookie,” but are homeschool students eligible?

That’s been our method for years, but it’s… uh… increased in popularity recently, for some reason.

1 Like

I believe they are, yes, though you may need to provide some proof; I’m not familiar with how registering your children for home-schooling works, but presumably a parent in that situation would have some kind of official documentation from the local or state authorities that could be provided as proof of enrolment.

2 Likes

I hope it is not to late to ask on this forum, but what are the specific rules when it comes to being an educator that qualifies for the discount? I am a music educator at this popular company in my city and it is my main source of income. It is not a public school, but a private company. Does this destroy my chances of qualifying, or will I have to just try it and see?

Welcome to the forum, Ian. If the company you are working for qualifies as a private music school, then you should qualify for the education discount.

1 Like

There will be a big sale starting in a few days, and it’s possible that you might be able to get the regular version for close to the normal price of the education version. (I don’t know for sure, just a guess, but that there will be a sale has already been advertised.)

2 Likes