Dorico Elements 3.5 Slow audio file generation

Can anyone please suggest why it’s taking so long to export an mp3 file from my project? It’s an orchestral score of only 106 bars. Previously it’s been almost instantaneous, but for some reason this has changed drastically, although there haven’t been any massive changes to the score. At the rate it’s going, it’s going to take an hour!

Without seeing the file, it’s impossible to answer that. You should send it to someone from the team, if you think there’s a bug…

OK, thanks. I was hoping that there’s just some setting I could have inadvertently changed.

It could be the audio driver, did you change something on that end recently?
And for a start, could you please do from Dorico’s menu Help > Create Diagnostics Report and post the corresponding zip file here. Thanks.
Depending on the contained logs and things, I then might come up with other suggestions or questions.

Thanks Ulf. I tried to attach the diagnostics file, but it tells me it’s too big. It’s 4.8MB and the limit is 4MB apparently

Then send to u dot stoermer at steinberg dot de instead please. Thanks

It’s OK, Ulf, the problem was related to an earlier one (you may remember, as you helped me with it then), where I couldn’t get any playback sound. The audio file I was exporting finished eventually, but it was empty - no sound. I reset the playback template and rebooted the PC, and everything was working again. The file took about 30 seconds to export! Many thanks for your help again.

No worries, I’m glad it’s working again for you.