Dorico Elements 3.5: What is 'Main' in mixer?

Not sure why I didn’t try this before, but just tried a different project, and the sound works fine in that one! So, it’s clearly some setting in this project that’s wrong. It may be relevant that it was originally imported as a MIDI file? I don’t pay a huge amount of attention to the import settings, so could it be something in there?

The default sample rate is 24bit, 48000 Hz, and the Test button works OK.

In Dorico, the sample rate is also set to 48000 - there is no other value in the drop-down.

Inline image

This morning, I still have a moving playhead, but no sound.

Ed

In the non-playing project, open the Mixer: are the faders all set to the very bottom?

Try doing Play > Playback Template and re-applying the default playback template.

Hi @Ed_Addis , and if it still does not make sound, please create another diagnostics report while that non-sounding project is loaded.

Hi Ulf - was there something missing from your message?

Hi Ed, no, what I wanted to say was, if you still don:t get sound with that project even after - like Daniel proposed - applying the default playback, then please chooses from Dorico:s menu - while that project is open - the menu item Help > Create Diagnostics Report and attach the corresponding zip file to a reply here.
Thanks

Hi Daniel - sorry I missed your message. All faders in mixer window are at about half mast.

I’m looking in the Apply Playback Template window. I have: HSSE (Elements), HSSE (SE), HSSE + HSO (Pro) and Silence (!). Which is the default template that I should apply?

If you have Dorico Elements then the first one.

Yes - applying that template did the trick! Sound is now working again - many thanks to you both for your help. Can you tell me what the template comprises, please? Is it possible to tell exactly what setting was wrong?

It’s not possible without seeing the project in the state it was in when it wasn’t playing back. But the procedure you’ve followed is a helpful one to remember, because it’s a good way to get back to a known good state for playback if you run into similar problems in the future.