Dorico elements 5 don't worka fully

Hello! I bought dorico elements 5, it’s activated in my profile but it doesn’t work, as if I hadn’t bought it!!! I don’t know what else to do! Can you help?

Hello, @Rui_Rodrigues ; welcome to the forum.

Can you give a little more information what doesn’t work?
Are you having difficulty downloading the program? Activating it? Bringing up the Hub or the first screen?

If one reaches the Hub (where one can retrieve recent files, Learn via recent videos, or create a new file), then one can create a Diagnostic Report which will show up on the desktop.

If you can create a diagnostic report and post it here, that would be a great first step to helping to solve what is troubling you.

Note that to post, one needs a certain trust level with the Discourse Forum software. To learn more about that, check out…

1 Like

hello! I activated dorico, but when I open it, this activation is not recognized, it is not completely functional!

Hello
could you try to send us a screenshot, that shows your problem?
Attaching a picture should be possible for you, for example by dragging it into the reply box.

Dorico Diagnostics.zip (444.0 KB)

1 Like

Hi @Rui_Rodrigues , thanks for the diagnostics, but looking at the contained data, I can’t see anything unusual that would justify speaking of doesn’t work, but my look is always from the Dorico Audio Engine side, so please forgive me when I’m asking again, what is the specific problem you have with Dorico? Because from the diagnostics I can’t see what is wrong on your side.

Rui, Dorico Elements 5.1.30 shows menu items (primarily in the Library menu, but also in a few places in other menus) for features that are only included in Dorico Pro; these menu items appear with the little padlock sign that you are seeing. This is the expected behaviour. When you click one of these menu items, right now it will prompt you to upgrade to Dorico Elements, which is wrong, and I’m sorry for the inconvenience and confusion caused – we will get this sorted out early in this coming week.

Provided Steinberg Activation Manager (a separate app you will find in your Applications folder) shows your Dorico Elements 5 license is correctly activated, everything should be OK.

Here is the answer of dspreadbury and I hope this is the answer and solution. Thank you and I’ll let you know when it’s resolved! “[quote=“dspreadbury, post:8, topic:908638”]
When you click one of these menu items, right now it will prompt you to upgrade to Dorico Elements, which is wrong, and I’m sorry for the inconvenience and confusion caused – we will get this sorted out early in this coming week.”
Thanks

Hello!
Thank you for your response and I look forward to resolving this small issue!

Rui Rodrigues

Olá! Recebi a seguinte mensagem do dspreadbury

Rui, Dorico Elements 5.1.30 mostra itens de menu (principalmente no menu Biblioteca , mas também em alguns locais de outros menus) para funcionalidades que só estão incluídas no Dorico Pro; esses itens de menu aparecem com o pequeno sinal de cadeado que você está vendo. Este é o comportamento esperado. Ao clicar em um desses itens de menu, você será solicitado a atualizar para Dorico Elements, o que está errado, e sinto muito pela inconveniência e confusão causada – resolveremos isso no início da próxima semana."

Mas ainda não está resolvido, aguardo que resolvam o problemas pois está constantemente a pedir para atualizar o meu Dórico Elements 5 que já o comprei DUAS vezes!!!

Obrigado

Rui Rodrigues

This has been changed in the most recent upgrade, at least in the English version.

Rui, I think you should update your Dorico Elements version to the newest version (and not upgrade to Dorico Pro).

Rui, acho que você deve atualizar sua versão do Dorico Elements para a versão mais recente (e não atualizar para o Dorico Pro).

1 Like

Hi!!
Problem solved with the new update!
Thanks

Thank you

Rui Rodrigues