Dorico Elements 5 Update 5.1.30

I tried to update using Download Asst and it went through the process but asfter “verify” it said an unknown error occured launch from the download?? Not only that but my Dorico Elements 5 as totally disappeared from the screen?

Any help would be appreciated.

Ho @The_Doc1 , you can go into your Download folder, you will find a folder named Steinberg: there you find all your Steinberg downloads, and once you find the Dorico 5 installer, you can install from there.
Does this error happens also for the other things that are shown in Steinberg Download assistant/Dorico/Dorico 5? You need to install those also, to be sure Dorico works as expected.

Thanks Christian I’ll give it a try

Hi Christian now saying “Already installed” and gives the options of
Reinstall
Uninstall
No changes
Tried to reinstall but says "installation source not available error code 1612.

At my wits end. I’ve been trying to resolve all day!!

Sorry to hear that @The_Doc1 , but I have not enough informations/knowledge to help you.
I am sure that someone of the Team will soon answer to this issue.
Meanwhile you can write here below a very detailed description of what you exactly do ( now saying “Already installed” is not specific and detailed enough).
(If it says “already installed”, you should find the Dorico 5 icon in your Applications Folder on macOS or in your Programms list (eventually under Steinberg) in your window Start menu.)

Thanks for the advise Christian. Will have another go tomorrow and document exactly what I do. As I say it was working fine until I tried the update which crashed my computer and forced a restart aftrr which Dorico disappeared of the screen.

Someone on the f6orum said I need to be more specific so here goes:

My system:

AMD Ryzen 5 4500u Radeon Graphics

2.38 ghz Ram 8gb, 64 Bit operating system, x64 bases processor, Windows 10 Home, installed June 2021.

1. Initially I went to the Download Assistant to update Dorico Elements 5 to the new version. It got to the point of verification then suddenly crashed with the message that “An unknown error has occured and your computer needs to Restart” which it did but also forced an installation of the latest windows update first! After the restart the icon for Dorico 5 had disappeared of my screen altogether.

2. Went to download Assistant, Updates, Applications, Dorico 5.1.30 Application Installer 489.63 mb, Install at which stage a message appeared “Installation failed due to unknown error. The installerwas successfully downloaded to specified target folder. To launchthe installer manually, please double click the installer file”

3. Went to File Explorer, Windows C drive, program files, Steinberg, Dorico 5, Dorico 5.exe and message appears “The file or Directory is corrupted or unreadable”

4. Tried to “Re-Install” but a further message appeared "Dorico 5 set up failed. The Installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it. Error code 1612.

In conclusion, despite searching the forum, internet etc for the best part of yesterday I am still at a loss as what to do.

I desperately need your help.

Regards, Peter

This was my ticket to Steinberg last Tuesday but not yet had a reponse from them. Can anyone help?

Hi,
I would first uninstall Dorico via the Windows Control Panel (go to Apps & Features, find Dorico do a right click and choose uninstall. Does that succeed? If yes, go ahead and reinstall.

Btw, I’m off to bed now , speak soon in the morning again

1 Like

Thanks Ulf. Tried that but it says “The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource tht is unavailable. Click ok to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'Dorico5.msi in the box below”

I am in a position where I can’t move either way. Just wondering whether to delete evrything relating to Dorico and start again but worried I may cause more harm than good! still waiting for a response from Steinberg which is unusual.

Hi Ulf, It has let me install Dorico Elements 4 without any hitch!!!

Sure, Version 4 is seperate to 5, you can have both installed in parallel. But your 5 installation is stuffed somehow. Do you have a home network or OneDrive or similar where you accidentally installed the 5 to? That error message makes me suspicious…

Btw, I am from Steinberg.
And can you resolve for the moment to using version 4? On Monday I can ask the installer expert about those errors you get.

Nothing in one drive. Network message"Network discoveryturned off. Network computers and devices are not visible. Please turn on network discovery in Network and Sharing Centre"
Ive never used the Network facilty.

Thanks Ulf. Ill use my desktop version for now. Just like it on my laptop as well so I can work on the go if needs be.
Hoping there is some way to delete and start again with a new install but at moment it won’t let me install cos it thinks Ive already got it and I can’t uninstall cos its not in my control centre.

Regards, Pete

Hi Pete, I’m confident that with the help of my installation expert we will get this sorted out. Just a little patience, please. Thanks

Hi Ulf. No problem thanks for your help .

Hi Pete, do you still have the Dorico installer lying around? Usually it goes into the Downloads folder. Inside that installer data is a setup.exe. What if you double click on that one again and choose uninstall, does that do anything better?
If that does not work I have a sledgehammer tool for you, but will only send, if the other method does not do.

Hi Ulf double clicked but dies not give an option to uninstall. It goes to “Do you want to allow this app to make changes” if I press yes it goes to install and comes up with pop up to uninstall, no change or install.
If i go uninstall I get a message "Dorico 5 removalfailed. The Installation source is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it. Error code: 1612.

I’m wondering that on the orig update I tried (when it crashed) if only part of the download succeeded as in comparison to my desktop installation there are considerably fewer files in the location?

Okay, then we get the bazooka out … :wink:

Hi Ulf can u send it to my other mail address peterjohnleese1 at gmail dot com

Don’t have Hotmail on my laptop!