Dorico Elements (Demo) locate impulse response file

It took me quite some time to get the instruments to work but now I have Dorico up with sounds. However when I start to listen I get the “cannot locate impulse response file: Small Hall a.wav”.
I can’t find that file on my Mac. I tried to reinstall Dorico AND the Dorico sounds as well.
Where are these .wav files located? Have I missed something in my installation?

Kind regards / Jörgen

Welcome to the forum, Jörgen. The REVerence impulse files are installed by the main Dorico installer. Can you please try one more time to run the latest Mac installer?

I ran the installer you provided and I still get the “Cannot locate Impulse Response file: Japanese Concert Hall.wav”. Now I also get a message from Talion Sonic SE saying: Some Audio Files are missing. Please check installation.
Where are (should) the Impulse Response Files be found?
I’m on Mac Big Sur 11.5.2

They should be located in /Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Content/VST Sound. So far as I know there are three files:

FCP_SMT_005_Reverence_ImpulseLibrary_01.vstsound
FCP_SMT_005_Reverence_ImpulseLibrary_03.vstsound
FCP_SMT_005_Reverence_ImpulseLibrary_04.vstsound

It’s correct that there’s no file with 02 in its name, so far as I know.

I have searched my hard discs for the files and they aren’t at the suggested path and not anywhere else on my Mac. I have a bunch of other FCP_SMT_* files but I think they are all instruments used by Halion.

Is there any way to pick up the missing files somewhere?

I can send you the files, Joergen. Please send me a private message with your e-mail address and I’ll send you a download link.

You would leave a private message for @Ulf by clicking his picture and then clicking Message on the resulting panel. What you have done is to publicly announce your e-mail address, and you should probably take it down as soon as possible to avoid spam or worse use of it.

Thanks, Derrek!

There is no message option when I click on Ulf’s image… or it is perfectly hidden like some other Dorico setup stuff.

You should click on @Ulf and then click the big blue Message button to send him a message:

Alternatively, you can send him an email to u dot stoermer at steinberg dot de.

Hej Jörgen :wink:

Check do you find this ?

kind regards S-EH

Hej Sven-Erik
Yes, that’s the files I don’t have or they weren’t installed during the installation.
When I have them I will probably run into next problem… The software needs a wave file, and that wave file is probably hidden into something like “FCP_SMT_005_Reverence_ImpulseLibrary_01.vstsound” But when I click the locate button all the .vstsound files are grayed out and can’t be selected.
Perhaps you can send me the 3 missing files. You have my email address?
Have a nice day / Jörgen
FCP_SMT_005_Reverence_ImpulseLibrary_01.vstsound
FCP_SMT_005_Reverence_ImpulseLibrary_03.vstsound
FCP_SMT_005_Reverence_ImpulseLibrary_04.vstsound

Dear Ulf

I do have the same Problem as Jörgen. Could you send me these files too?
Thanks.

Greetings Melea

Hi Melea, check your private message inbox.