Dorico equivalents of Finale "smart shapes"?

Ta-dum! The direct download worked – it installed with no problem. I have yet to run it (have a related question first), but I see it installed in Program Files/Dorico 3.5. This definitely says something . . .

If this works, a huge thank-you to fratveno (for citing the possibility!) . . .

Yes, the sounds installer should work fine even with the trial license. Once you’ve installed that (or at least before you run Dorico), do restart your computer. Dorico’s installation inludes fonts (and later versions of Dorico install later versions of said fonts than earlier versions of Dorico); fonts don’t tend to work correctly until you reboot.

Thanks for the important heads-up, pianoleo!
Best regards. . .

Hi again, pianoleo;
I’ve downloaded and installed – but not yet opened – 3.5.12, and I’ve rebooted my computer. I have also downloaded but not yet installed the sounds installer.

1. Should I reboot again, prior to installing the sounds installer?
  2. Should I install the sounds installer before or after opening 3.5.12?

Thanks again for all your help!

1. There’s no need to reboot prior to installing the sounds installer.
  2. Ideally before.

Thanks!

So – now that I’ve rebooted: Install sounds installer, THEN open and run Dorico, or vice versa?

1. Install sounds.
  2. If the sounds installer prompts you to reboot, reboot.
  3. Run Dorico.

Thank-you!
Best regards!

Just to add to what some people have already said, I too have been running Dorico on Win7pro since I started with ver2.0. 3.5, like all the previous versions, has never faltered. Steinberg Download Assistant works fine for me, too.
I do plan to buy a totally new system later this year, which will run W10, of course. Not sure if I’m looking forward to it, since Win7Pro has been solid.

So far, the trial Dorico 3.5.12 has been very stable on my Windows 7, too – tho’ the Steinberg Download Assistant never worked for me.