Dorico file sharing site

I don’t know of a trumpet player that only owns one Horn. :slight_smile: I inherited like, maybe 10 from my Father in Law? Okay, there was only one C Trumpet as I recall, with a Baritone and a Flugal horn in there.

Sure. I meant that Bb seems to be a default for parts here, even if the player ends up playing some of it on a C instrument.

1 Like

Most beginners start with a Bb and in Germany most orchestras default to a Bb, too.
I am a trumpet player myself, I don’t own a C (easy enough to transpose). From what I learned, it’s a Europe/US thing, where US is defaulting to C (which has in my opinion a way less suited timbre for orchestra)

I write for amateur (church) orchestras in the US, and Bb is the only trumpet transposition I ever use, or see others use.

1 Like

In the US it’s C for orchestras, Bb for literally everything else including jazz, pop, commercial recording sessions, wind ensembles, marching bands, Broadway, etc.

3 Likes

Yes, i was talking about orchestras.

This is going to sound weird… but…

I had a dream last night that I won a golden ticket to be the first user to try Scorico.

Don’t ask me what the logo was.

On another note, I’ll be taking a break from the forum for a while :joy:

3 Likes

Haha, well I hate to dash your dreams, but I had a lot of problems with the site and it’ll be another two weeks until it’s up. Sorry!

Romanos, as the originator of the thread from which this thread branched, I want to say that your last two paragraphs capture exactly what I put out there as an idea; especially your last paragraph - to which I might add ‘If you want to share your files to help others, then go ahead’.
I’ll also say that I am immensely encouraged that this discussion has grown as it has. With every post it seems nearer to reality.
I can also fully understand Steinberg’s commercial reluctance to be involved but I don’t see that as any kind of inhibitor.
Thanks to everyone contributing to this thread - whether I love or hate your suggestions!

1 Like

Hey everyone, I haven’t forgotten about this! Still hard at work, getting close to launch. Thought you all might like to see a screenshot of the current design (in process):

11 Likes

Intermezzo Op. 119 sure is popular! :slight_smile:

Ha! Yeah the vendor upload portal isn’t quite finished yet, so there’s just one lonely score in the database at present…

This is probably because it sounds like “Clair de Lune” :wink:

Looks great already Dan