Dorico Fingering Example

The final 5 for the last lower voice note in each of the two following examples (in Engraving Options>Fingering>Position>Position of fingerings relative to the staff) is surely an error and meant to be a 1.
Alternative  fingering example.png
I have rarely seen the first style of fingering used for a contrapuntal passage like this, since it is so difficult to read. Perhaps a better example is needed. The actual fingering in the examples, while possible, is quite awkward. I supply two alternative fingerings in the following example. If the upper voice must start on 4, the first fingering in my example would be more natural. If not, the fingering second example would be better still.
Dorico fingering example.png
Dorico fingering example.png

Please don’t feel you need to proof-read the whole of the Engraving Options dialogs, John! I hope that the examples are clear enough in showing what the option does, without necessarily always representing a perfect example of real music.

I haven’t been proofreading the text, but enjoying finally being able to use Dorico over the last couple of days. I am very impressed with most aspects of the program and will probably switch over from Finale shortly. However, my enthusiasm was dampened when I read your response. I had thought that all errors caught in passing by users, even small ones, would be welcomed. Since that is not the case, I will just ignore them from now on.

Please don’t be offended. There are over 1600 pictures in the Engraving Options dialog alone. They represent weeks, if not by now months, of total work (almost entirely by yours truly), so it’s clearly not the case that we don’t care about these kinds of details – if we didn’t, those dialogs would just contain some hastily thrown together text and no images of any kind. I absolutely do welcome your feedback about errors and things you would like to see clarified, in these dialogs or indeed anywhere in the program. I mistakenly assumed that since your two most recent posts on the forum were both about tiny issues in the Engraving Options dialog that you perhaps were embarking on a root and branch review of every option name and image in the program, and I didn’t want you to feel obliged to do that.