Dorico First Time Launching, crashes at "Initializing SKI Plugin Controller."

Hey Steinberg Dorico crew,

I’m looking into Dorico as a replacement for my old notation software. Many of your features interest me.
I’m having issues with downloading and opening your software.
The issue I am currently dealing with is
Dorcio on start-up, stops working completely and shuts down, when the program begins “Initializing SKI Plugin Controller”.

When I first tried opening the software it crashed when it tried to find the “Synth - DoricoBeep” but by completely downloading all of the files from the Steinberg download assistant, I believe, it was looking for an instrument that was still zipped inside one of those Zip folders. Once I had done this, the “Initializing SKI Plugin Controller” error started.

Is there a SKI plugin controller I need to download? If so where is it and why isn’t it an included component of the Dorico installation?

The software has never been completely opened, it activates the VSTAudioEngine and then something makes it crash, leaving the audio engine open.
I am also operating on the Trial Version if that makes any difference in diagnosis.

Thank you Steinberg for moderating these forums and answering questions.
Hope to get this software up and running asap.

Everything that Dorico requires should have been installed already. There are no extra SKI components you need to install. I suspect that there is some other component on your system that is causing a problem at startup, as Dorico is trying to load it. Do you have Cubase, Wavelab or other Steinberg applications installed?

It might also be instructive for you to find the file application.log in %APPDATA%\Steinberg\Dorico 2 (Windows) or /Users/your-username/Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Dorico 2 (Mac) and attach that here, and perhaps also to zip up the VSTAudioEngine2_64 folder from %APPDATA%\Steinberg\ (Windows) or the VSTAudioEngine2 folder from /Users/your-username/Library/Preferences/ (Mac) and attach that here too.