Dorico for iPad 1.1 now available: removes player limit for subscribers

Playback via Microsonic has been totally fine. (I mean: it sounds like those sounds, so it is what it is on that front, but no issues beyond that. :joy:) I don’t have any other Audio Units installed, unfortunately, not least because as far as I know there really aren’t many (any?) good orchestral sample libraries available on iPad.

Totally agree!

I do use several audio unit synthesizers, and with most it works just fine, but with a few apps the sound cracles(?) a tiny bit. AudioKit’s Digital D1 for instance. With others that require some ”juice” from the machine, like iSymphony it works with one or a few instruments, but the size of the sample libraries loaded add up, and eventually there will be some issues with the sound (but probably easy solved with the posibility to adjust the buffer size (wink, wink)). Apart from this all has been working very nicely also with AU3 apps.

Seems the basis of the Dorico app is based on Cubasis, and currently Cubasis handles it better, but I am sure it is just a matter of time. Also, I meantioned this earlier in a comment: If you would make it possible for me to use the AUVideoPlayer app in Dorico (it works in Cubasis) then I would be able to load video, and score to picture as I do in Cubasis (with the video synchronised to the timeline). :wink:

2 Likes

The “Play” page of Preferences has an option for “Enable Multi Core Rendering” which is specific to the iPad. Depending on your iPad hardware and your playback needs, changing this option may give better (or worse!) playback and/or audio export.

The iPad itself does support them, it’s just Dorico that (at the moment (?!)) doesn’t support them.

1 Like