We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of a major update to Dorico for iPad, now available for free download from the App Store. If you already have Dorico for iPad installed, go to the Updates tab in the App Store app on your iPad to download the update.
Please visit the Dorico blog for the full details of the changes and improvements in this release:
Among the highlights in this release, we have made some changes to the subscription offering for Dorico for iPad. Firstly, subscriptions now use Apple’s Family Sharing feature, meaning that you only require one subscription for all of the iPads in your family group. Secondly, both the monthly and annual subscriptions come with introductory offers, allowing you to try out the full feature set of Dorico for iPad for a week (in the case of a monthly subscription) or a month (in the case of an annual subscription).
As a reminder, the benefits of having an active subscription in Dorico for iPad are as follows:
- Create and edit projects with any number of players
- Tweak the position of every item with the graphical editing tools in Engrave mode
- Use third-party Audio Units
- Access the Notation Options dialog
- Freehand annotations in Read view with Apple Pencil (new in this release)
- Instrument filters in galley view (new in this release)
- Melodic and rhythmic transformations (new in this release)
- Generate Chord Symbols from Notes (new in this release)
- Move Bar to Next/Previous System in Engrave mode (new in this release)
- Crosshairs for graphical alignment in Engrave mode (new in this release)
- Project Language dialog, allowing you to specify the language used for instrument names in your project (new in this release)
Dorico for iPad 2.0 is focused on bringing it up to parity with Dorico 4 for macOS and Windows, but this release does also introduce one iPad-specific feature (available only to active subscribers), which is the introduction of simple freehand annotation tools for Apple Pencil users in Read view.
If you already have Dorico for iPad installed, you can update now via the App Store app on your device. If you are coming to Dorico for iPad for the first time, we hope you will enjoy your experience with the top-rated music notation and composition app on the iPad!