Dorico for iPad not saving imported Dorico files

Thanks for the explanation. I wish that it would remember the path so that I don’t have to always browse for the file in the file system. But maybe that would be unnecessary if ‘Open in Place’ was supported.

I have copied a Dorico file from my MacBookpro onto a usb stick, copied it to a new directory on the iPad. Dorico for iPad sees the file, opens it and allows me to edit, appears to save on exit. On trying to re-open, Dorico locks up before the file selection page loads. Should I have saved the file into the Dorico area? Is this a sandbox problem?

Where exactly did you save the project on your iPad, John?

Into a folder Bitwig, that’s how it was organised on the MacBook. I now can’t re-open Dorico at all. I’ve tried re-booting, will I have to delete and re-load?

I’m afraid you’ll have to delete Dorico from your iPad and reinstall it from the App Store. Before you do, go into the Files app, and look inside On My iPad and then inside Dorico and make sure that you have backed up or copied elsewhere any project files listed there that you want to retain: they will be deleted when you delete the app.

By the look of my Dorico file area on the iPad, it seems to work with sub-directories. So if I created Dorico/Bitwig/Project it would work as expected?

Yes, I think and hope so!

Somehow in the process of transferring files to a usb stick, Dorico started working again. ??? The file originally transferred was modified and saved in the Dorico area and is now recognised as a recent work. I deleted the one in the /Bitwig directory.
Congratulations on the speed of response and the rest of the Dorico.