Dorico freezes when interacting with menus

I’m trying to run the trial version of Dorico. It seems to freeze at random when I interact with the user interface, at which point the program becomes completely unresponsive and I have to force it to close.

The freezing seems to happen when I open a panel or drop-down menu (including the native windows menus—file, edit, etc). It often happens mid-transition, so I am left with a semi-transparent menu on my screen. I don’t get a crash dump—it doesn’t crash, it just freezes forever. If I can make it as far as Write mode, I can do note entry just fine with the keyboard, it’s only when interacting with menus and panels that the freezing happens.

The task manager doesn’t say ‘not responding’, but indicates that Dorico is using 0% of the CPU.

I’m using Windows 10 64-bit; Intel Core i5-6300HQ @2.3GHz; 8GB RAM.

I’ve never come across any other reports of this in Dorico. My initial assumption is that this is likely to be some 3rd party software that injects itself into other applications, as this has caused similar problems in the past.

Do you have any software installed that hooks into applications, for instance software that adds extra items to menus, or changes the appearance of the title bar (eg Window Blinds), or does security checks?)

There was some manufacturer-installed sound card software running in my system tray. Disabling it seems to have solved the problem. Thanks for your help.