Dorico iPad with Apple Pencil

I’ve started using Dorico for iPad and it’s been great so far. Big congrats to the team working on it!
I was wondering if it would be possible to increase the support for the Apple Pencil. It would be great if when using the carrot for note entry I could click directly on the staff with the Apple Pencil similarly to how you can using the mouse in the desktop version.
It would also be great if I could drag the notes on the staff up and down or left and right using the pencil too. Using the floating toolbar works too of course but this would be a helpful addition I think.
I find that when I’m looking at the staff, moving to the virtual piano keyboard for note entry breaks the flow slightly, especially when editing an existing passage and being able to enter new notes or tweak them using the Apple Pencil would be really helpful.

I do use Staffpad as well which I also enjoy and though I’m not asking for handwriting recognition or anything like that, being able to edit directly on the staff with the pencil is a very handy feature.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi - and welcome to the Forum! I bought a “copy” Apple Pencil which was sort of OK, but then lost it after about an hour! In the meantime I bought a bunch of these (dime a dozen on eBay) and found them to be really useful with an iPad, and not just Dorico.

Strangely, I haven’t lost any yet.

Welcome to the forum, @Nolander. We’re certainly not ruling out further support for Apple Pencil in the future, but it’s not something we’re working on right now.