Dorico is constantly crashing

Hello,

Dorico is constantly crashing. Usually within a minute or so. I’ve already restarted my computer and turned it off for a little bit and restarted it. Any tips on what to do? Thanks.

update:I think now it’s only happening on a specific task I try to do in the project.

Can you reproduce the crash? What is the task? Can you attach an affected project?

1 Like

Can you attach a Diagnostic Report (from the Help menu)?

2 Likes

As others have suggested, we’ll need some more information to be able to assist. Please do Help > Create Diagnostic Report and attach the resulting zip file here so we can take a look.

Hello,

Here is the zip file for the Diagnostic Report. Thanks!
Dorico Diagnostics.zip (816.0 KB)

There’s only one crash log in the diagnostics, but it doesn’t give too many clues. If you’re able to reproduce this on demand, please provide the project and the steps to reproduce and I’ll be happy to investigate further. If you don’t want to or can’t attach it here, you can email me at d dot spreadbury at steinberg dot de.

Sounds good, I just emailed you the file. Thank you!!

Thanks for sending over the project. Dorico is crashing because of a divide by zero, because the extremely slow tempo you end up with means that one quarter beat is longer than one minute, and that means that when Dorico is calculating the tempo using integral values, it ends up at zero beats per minute – and in one spot we’re not expecting that, and ending up dividing by that BPM value, with disastrous consequences. For the time being, try to keep the tempo a bit quicker, but we’ll fix this in a future version.

2 Likes

got it, thank you!!