Dorico is serious lagging when I have many flows

You have to focus on what I write, not what you think you hear.
Several times I have said thanks, your customer service is fantastic … . . … . .
BUT, when J. Barron asks me to do a video of a problem AND send it to him to send it to Daniel, I think I’m involved in a kind of conversation right? I think I’m doing Dorico a favour! Well I could be wrong!
The only answer here on the blog came from Dan, and I have said he is VERY helpful, but not as far as I know employee at Steinberg? I could be wrong!!
So the only answer - Daniel - I have received regarding the issue with the lyrics in the thread: “Was My Jump to Dorico a bit premature?” is Quote Dan K. I recall one of the team saying this behavior is greatly improved in the forthcoming update, within the next couple weeks.
I’m used to be a bit sceptical with comments not direct from the developers, but next time I will just ask Dan :wink:
I don’t think the world evolves around me, I simply ask some questions regarding features that I need in my daily job. I don’t care if other users think my needs are irrelevant, the music business is huge, and the needs diverse. I just have to earn my money and consider how it’s done in the easiest way.
I think I have been treated excellent by the Dorico Staff but I’m about to begin several projects that I will spend the next 2 years working on and I’m eager to make the best choice of scoring app. Dorico, Finale or Sibelius.
And then of course there are always someone to lecture about how things are done in the real world - pianoleo - if you haven’t anything smart to say, have you considered NOT to answer?
Being a Musical Director on several rock-musicals here in Denmark I have experience the confusion among the really high pitched tenors if the part is gonna be sung high or low. So of course there can be situations where this special clef is needed, and regarding the work-around to transpose it in Halion, that will not do because I need to send my midi-tracks to my co-workers in US. Then I have to spend time to transpose the midi too. I think It’s counter-intuitive.

I’ll just point out that I’m the same Leo that solved your staff margin problem yesterday (and that’s far from the only example). If you don’t want my input, that’s totally fine, but it’ll be on the basis that you don’t want any input from me on any platform, ever again…

I’ve seen musical theatre scores where high tenor parts are written in treble clef at pitch, fwiw.
Dorico has no problem displaying with 8 or without and playback can be altered to be correct.

Daniel,
I admire your patience, which is far greater than mine; and (like many others) I am grateful for the time you spend here helping and letting us know very openly what is in store for the product.

One option I think that Dorico team should seriously consider in terms of XML import is some kind of import wizard which goes through an initial analysis step, and allows the user to do any sort of mapping prior to import. That would allow solving all those drum track problems etc.

e.g

1. choose file to import
  2. show instruments / staves in file (in just a list)
  3. allow selecting which lines to import (would be great for example to be able to just import a subset)
  4. allow defining where each stave in the import will go in the existing project.
  5. Go.

That makes a lot of sense (hope to see something like that down the road), but it is not an overnight addition since one would still have to deal with the percussion kit issue and players that hold multiple instruments. Specifying the user interface is probably helpful in a general way but does not make the supporting coding a slam-dunk.

That would be awesome in many cases!