Dorico Keeps Crashing

Hello all,

I’ve been using Dorico as a main writing tool for a couple years now. It’s proven essential to my workflow. And for the most part my experience has been super smooth. However, lately I’ve been experiencing severe issues.

Dorico habitually will not start: “Audio Process has died”.
Additionally, when it does start, after a minute or so it crashes. This occurs with Dorico 2 as well, so I’m pretty sure its on my end. I’ve reinstalled a couple of times and updated my Audio Interface drivers.

I’ve attempted to upload the Diagnostic file but it’s too large. Will send to Dorico Tech Support

My specs:
Windows 10 Pro
AMD Ryzen 2600 6-Core 3.4ghz
32 RAM

If Dorico does start, please do Help > Create Diagnostics Report. That creates silently a zip file on your desktop. Please attach it here.

If you can’t get Dorico going anymore at all, instead zip up the folders
C:/Users//AppData/Roaming/Steinberg/VSTAudioEngine3 and
C:/Users//AppData/Roaming/Steinberg/Dorico3

Additionally have a look at C:\Users<yourname>\Documents\Steinberg\CrashDumps and see if you can find some recent (last 2 weeks) crash dumps of either Dorico or the VSTAudioEngine. Please zip them also up and attach here.

Those 3 things is exactly what also Create Diagnostics Report does.

I have sent the diag report to steinbergussupport@yamaha because its too large to upload here.

Seems to be the VST Audio Engine was bugging out with Suspend Audio In Background. Could this be it?

Could you please instead send it to ‘u dot stoermer at steinberg dot de’? Thanks

Yes, could very well be. We know we have an issue in that area that we still need to solve.

And I still would like to see the diagnostics report, please.

Sent

Thanks for the data. Yes, it’s exactly that problem. So have you switched off that option and is Dorico behaving normal again?
That ‘suspend in background’ feature is not so stable, especially on particular machines, but we are working on it.