Dorico keeps scanning plugins and vsti's

Since recently, Dorico scans all plugins and vsti’s and the library folder every time the program is started…I have never had this before and have only noticed it since yesterday.
Is that a normal behavior?

No, it’s not normal. Dorico shall keep a cache file of already scanned plugs, thereby cutting down subsequent scanning times.
From Dorico’s main menu please choose Help > Create Diagnostics Report and post here the corresponding zip file. Thanks

Thanks Ulf,
I just updated to 5.1.32 and it seems that it solved the problem…

Just saw, that Dorico createt a Diagnostics Folder…
Dorico Diagnostics.zip (1.4 MB)

Good to hear that it apparently is fixed for you. Come back here should the long delay start again.
Thanks

Hmmm….it happened again this morning…
This is the corresponding diagnostics folder:
Dorico Diagnostics.zip (1.3 MB)

Thanks for the data. Looks really like the audio engine deadlocking somehow… Did Dorico recover by itself or did you reboot (or just restart)?
Interestingly, this has nothing to do with plug-in scanning. That was done in less than 6 seconds and done before the freezing.
If that happens again, please download the free utitlity ProcessExplorer from here.
Let it run and find the VSTAudioEngine process. Do a right click on it and then from the popup menu choose Create > Create Mini Dump. Follow the instructions, zip up the resulting file and send me. Thanks a lot

Thanks very much for your effort, Ulf

I have an Apollo Quad, first generation with Thunderbolt, and have just updated to the latest software and firmware. After rebooting my PC, I started Dorico - with the same result: a long complete scan of all the required files. I ran a new Dorico diagnosis, and no audio system was actually detected - but when I go to the device settings within Dorico, my Apollo interface is correctly displayed. I then ran the process editor, but even after intensive searching, no vst audio engine was displayed… I found a few UAD entries, which I am attaching here, including a current Dorico diagnosis….

UA + Dorico Diagnostics.zip (2.2 MB)

Thanks for the data, I need to take a deeper look tomorrow. I’ll be back… :wink: