Dorico menu bar malfunction (on a mac)

Hi there,

has anybody else experienced that Dorico’s menu bar is cut down to just one item? (screenshot attached)
Bildschirmfoto 2018-10-19 um 17.11.06.png
Somehow it came up when I wanted to show show the hidden application windows by clicking on the Dorico icon in the dock, after I’d been using another application. I don’t know how to reproduce it, but it is not the first time that I’ve encountered this behavior.

The only solution seems to be to restart Dorico .

Never seen that (have run Dorico on 3 different machines). Does this happen regularly?

This sounds like the problem discussed here:

@Romanos: It happens from time to time. Maybe it has something to do with my Macbook waking up after sleep…
@dbudde: The difference seems to me that I don’t see the “wheel of death” - I can even open the preferences-dialogue (!)

Sometimes the beach ball takes a while to show up. If you need to force quit this may be a similar failure mechanism.

Can you try to replicate the problem as described in the other thread? Also which model Mac do you have? I’m guessing these types of problems are incompatibilities with the audio engine depending on model type.

I don’t have to force quit - I can quit Dorico via Menu (Dorico/Quit)…
I’m on a Macbook Pro 15’ Mid 2015 with 16 GB RAM running OS X 10.13.6
2018-10-20 08.46.16.gif