Dorico on multiple machines

Well, my trial period will be closing in a few days, and (surprise!) I’m definitely going to sidegrade (Sibelius to Dorico) to Dorico Pro. Hurrah!

I was not sure of the policy for running Dorico on multiple machines. My main composing device is Windows laptop, but I also would like the latitude to do brainstorming and idea capture on my even more mobile iPad. Does Dorico/Steinberg licensing allow for that?

Thanks!

3 Likes

It does. I use Dorico on my main desktop as well as my portable Surface Pro. Works great.

You can install Dorico Pro on 3 machines (but only run one at a time).

The i-Pad version is a separate licence. There’s a free version (roughly equivalent to Dorico SE) and a subscription version (Dorico Elements). You cannot use your pro licences on the i-pad.

1 Like

Hi @chuckpuckett welcome to Dorico :slight_smile:
For the iPad licence here more informations;

I’ve gotten myself the lifetime unlock option, and it works with Family Sharing, meaning that all members of my family can use Dorico at the same time on their iPads.

1 Like

That’s great! I should try it too! Oh wait, my wife doesn’t write music and… none of my daughters are old enough to own an iPad (nor play any music…) :rofl:

3 Likes

Both issues can be easily fixed with time as your best ally :wink:

2 Likes

I can run Dorico on both my Macs at the same time. The 3 ‘seats’ are independent.

2 Likes