Dorico Pro 2.2 Hangs on Launch

Hello everyone,

New Dorico user here. I’ve been having an issue that I can’t seem to find a forum thread that matches my experience, so I thought I would ask here:

I’m a Mac user running 10.14 Mojave and upon launching Dorico, I get a beach ball about 90% of the time. The application doesn’t launch and I have to force quit the application in order to try again. I can eventually get it to launch, but it’s a little annoying to have to force quit an application 8-10 times to get it to actually launch.

I’ve attached a diagnostic to see if there’s anything I need to do with my particular system to resolve the issue, or if anyone has had a similar experience I’d love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks!
Dorico Diagnostics.zip (307 KB)

Welcome to the forum, michaeldangelo - could you be experiencing this known behaviour: the team at Steinberg are actively working on a fix? Good luck!

To aid anybody else who encounters this thread: if you run into this problem, run eLicenser Control Center before you start Dorico, and leave it running while you start Dorico.

Thanks Mark and Daniel,

In my searches, I didn’t come across that particular thread (I was using the search term “launch”), so I’m glad there is a temporary fix in the meantime.

I ran eLicenser Control Center and left it running before starting Dorico, and it launches much more reliably. Thanks for the help!

I finally pulled the trigger on Dorico with the 2.2 update, and I have to say it’s such an impressive program, and I’m looking forward to doing a lot more projects with it!

Cheers.