Dorico Pro 3.5 trial was always difficult to open, but now won't start at all

Hi, everybody. I’ve been a loyal Steinberg customer for a very long time, but I’m becoming frustrated with what is otherwise a great app.

I have used two other composition/notation programs for many years, but found that neither of them would correctly set up polyrhythms. Through research, I found that Dorico would do that, so I downloaded the trial version of Dorico Pro 3.5 earlier this month. I was able to start it and play around a few times, but it’s become increasingly difficult to get it going, and now it doesn’t open at all, even after rebooting, uninstalling and reinstalling eLicenser Control, or plugging the USB dongle into different ports on my computer.

I am using a 2010 Mac Pro 5,1 Single 6-Core 3.46 GHz Intel CPU, 48GB RAM, Running MacOSX 10.14.6, and a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 Gen3 audio interface. Everything else runs fine on this machine, but Dorico is just not coming up.

I appreciate any suggestions anybody can send out. Thanks!

I’m really sorry to hear that you’re having problems running the Dorico trial. I assume you’ve added your trial license to your USB-eLicenser? I’ll send you a trial code via private message that you can try adding to your Soft-eLicenser instead (disconnect your USB-eLicenser from your computer first to make sure it doesn’t end up on there by accident). Perhaps that will work more reliably on your computer.