Dorico Pro 4.3.20 Caret Issue

Hello Dorico team,
Today I’ve got the following issue with the Caret on a secondary PC:

I can’t manage to fix it myself. I’ve tried to trash the Temp\Dorico 4 folder, as well as
the C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Dorico 4 . Unfortunately nothing helped.
Do you any idea how this can be solved? Everything was fine until today.

Best regards,
Thurisaz :slight_smile:

I believe the + indicates you are in ‘Chord’ mode - as reflected on the left panel

Hi @tom_ginsberg,
Yes, the “+” symbol indicates that the Chord Insertion is activated.
The problem is the Caret doesn’t appear properly.
The voice indication appears way too big and behind the caret and the + symbol is also
too big and appears above the caret.

This is how it should properly appear:

Best wishes,

Did you recently update Dorico on that computer to 4.3.20? A couple of suggestions:

1. The Dorico installer for Windows seems a bit buggy when it comes to fonts, and a bunch of us have had issues with it. Go to Program Files\Steinberg\Dorico4\fonts. Are there 14 items in there? (13 fonts plus the metadata folder) If not, the installer didn’t install the fonts correctly. Rerun the installer, or copy and install the fonts from the 3.5 folder if you still have it installed.

2. It could be a Windows font cache issue too. Try rebuilding your font cache. Here’s one walkthrough, but if you Google it there are lots of others as well.

1 Like

Hi @FredGUnn,
Thank you very much for your reply! :slight_smile:
Dorico was upgraded few days ago and everything was fine, just the problem appeared today.}
At the moment I’m far from the problematic computer, but as soon as I’m back I’ll try the second method mentioned by you. :slight_smile:

I’ll let you know as soon as I have a result. :slight_smile:
Thank you once again! :slight_smile:

Best wishes,
Thurisaz

1 Like

@FredGUnn,
By the way, I’ve just checked the Program Files\Steinberg\Dorico4\fonts on my main Workstation at home (where everything works fine). I have only 13 items inside the folder ( 12 fonts + the metadata).

Is there a missing font?

Best wishes,

You’re missing SourceSansPro-Regular.ttf

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback, @FredGUnn! :slight_smile:
Fortunately I’m still having Dorico 3.5 installed on my computer, so I could just copy and install the font from there. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep, that should work! I imagine your other PC might be missing fonts too. I’m not sure why all the fonts don’t get installed correctly with the installer, but missing fonts seem to happen a lot.

It’s a very strange installer bug?! I hope the team will be able to fix it.
Most probably tomorrow I’ll check the other computer for missing fonts. :slight_smile:

Best wishes,

1 Like

Hi @FredGUnn,
The problem was caused by:

Only a single font was installed with the update of Dorico to v. 4.3.20…
After adding the missing fonts and installing them again the issue was solved.

Thank you very much for the help, once again! :slight_smile:

Best wishes,

2 Likes