Dorico Running Slow - Suddenly

Hello!

I am working on a few different large scores. (they are not open at the same time) For about a week now Dorico has been sluggish. I get the spinning wheel of doom when doing just about anything. Entering notes, copy and pasting, hitting play, creating a key change, etc. I haven’t had any crashes, but a few scares. It is really impacting my workflow.

Running a MacBook Pro MS Max with 32GB of RAM. Same thing happens on an iMac Pro with an i9 processor and 64GB of RAM. Sonoma 14.4.1. Noteperformer. I write primarily in Galley view.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

1 Like

How large are these scores?

Could you try to create visibility filters in Galley view and work on only a few staves at a time? E.g., winds, brass, others, strings, …

Can you share any of these for us to try, even privately?
I have an M3 Max with 36 GB of memory, quite comparable system, and same macOS and audio configuration.

Huge. Big Band plus strings and woodwinds, 6 percussionists.

Even with filters things hang. I shouldn’t have to limit visibility to have the program be efficient.

I am hesitant to share files because of copyright and client issues.

Please send me the project(s) and an up-to-date set of diagnostics via private message, and I’ll see if I can offer any insights.

Hi, any update on this? My Dorico v5 suddenly began running slowly as well. Pinwheel for almost anything I do. It’s a very small project, 2 pianos, trumpet, and bass, only 40 bars.

Sorry to hear that, @D1Mobile. Can you attach the project itself here, or send it to me in a private message? Please let me know specifically what operations you’re performing, in what layouts etc., so I can try to reproduce the problem myself.