[Dorico SE 3.5] Sound Issues

Hi everyone! I’ve just downloaded Dorico SE 3.5. All went good until I tried to input the notes on the staff: there was no sound coming from the program and the playback sound wasn’t working neither! I read the online FAQ and tried to solve the problem but… nothing seems to work :frowning:
I correctly installed both the Application Installer and the Sound Installer; when I run the Sound Installer the software warns me that everything has already been installed. I also tried to reach the AppData folder, but here I noticed that there isn’t any “VSTAudioEngine_64” folder (my computer runs Windows 10). Can someone please help me?

These are the files in the [AppData > Roaming > Steinberg] folder:

1. Content
  2. Dorico 3.5
  3. Dorico 3.5 AudioEngine_64
  4. HALion Sonic SE_64
  5. Steinberg Library Manager_64

[Sorry if I made any error, english is not my mother-tongue :blush: ]

Hi, please do the following: Create a new project from piano template, enter a handful of arbitrary notes and then do ‘Help > Create Diagnostics Report’. The resulting zip file please post here. Thanks

Hi! Here you are!

Thanks, I can “see” why no sound is coming out with you. The Generic Low Latency Driver does not detect any output ports and therefore Dorico does not know of where to send the audio stream to.
Please watch the Dorico youtube video Troubleshooting Playback Issues in Dorico | Support - YouTube from 13min 40s (and for a better understanding probably best the whole video). That should explain what you need to do. If that still does not help you, please come back.

Thanks for the help!

Windows seems to have changed the default sampling rate of the output device - making Dorico lose its output device.
Changing it back to the first entry in the list as shown in the video did the trick.

Gave me a little heart attack to find Dorico having gone completely silent after a long Windows update and the usual Licenser Mainenance dance…