Dorico shutting down frequently

Recently my Dorico application gets shutdown unexpectedly in between a project. Not sure what’s the specific issue but I noted it usually occurs soon after I export a file to PDF or when I open the Print window.

Any suggestions to sort this out?

Thank you

Please do Help > Create Diagnostic Report and attach the resulting zip file here so we can take a look at the enclosed logs and see if we can figure out what’s going on.

Hi Daniel, thanks for reaching out. The zip file seems to be big to upload it here (the report size is around 19 MB). Any specific file from the zip which can help?

No, it would be helpful to see the whole file, please. If you can upload it to a cloud storage provider and provide a link, that would be ideal. Otherwise you can email it to me at d dot spreadbury at steinberg dot de.

Hi Daniel, let me know if this works. Thank you

Thanks, I’ve got the diagnostics. We’ll have a look at the crash logs and come back to you.

1 Like

Do you have any network printers set up on your computer that are disconnected or otherwise unavailable? If so, please try removing those printers from your system and then see if that makes any difference.

Hi Daniel, gave it a go now and I didn’t get an immediate shut down like last time. Any way I could resolve this issue so I could add back my printer and take prints directly from Dorico?

Do you have multiple printers set up on your computer, or only one? Provided you have only the printer you want to print to set up, you should be OK.

I only have one printer set up but the issue of immediate shut down is not there now which temporarily solves the situation. I will re-add my printer and see if it happens again.

Thank you for your help Daniel :heart: