Dorico; Sound is back but distortet

Dear Community!

After my recent Update from Windows 10 to 11 the problems startet.
No sound in Dorico anymore.
HALion Sonic SE said
“Some audio files are missing. Please check installation”.

OK, i re-installed everything.
The sound is back now,
BUT:
Awfully distortet.

After reading a lot, i would need some support.
What could be the reason?

Yours,

Ina

Dorico Elements 4.3.11.
HAlion Sonic SE 3.5.10.
Windows 11

Hi Ina,

please do from Dorico’s menu Help > Create Diagnostics Report and attach the corresponding zip file here. From that I get a first overview and then come back with more advice. Thanks

Dorico Diagnostics.zip (434.2 KB)
Here you are Ulf!

Thanks for the data.
What if you go to Edit > Device Setup and in there change the sample rate to 44100 Hz?
Or, what if you change the driver from Generic Low Latency Driver to Realtek ASIO, would that make a difference?

OK, i tried it:
Sample rate is at 44100 Hz.
Realtek ASIO >> NO sound at all.
Generic Low Latency Driver >> The old problem (distortion sound.)

Thank you for your help so far,
do you have any idea?

In your Task Bar should be a little speaker icon. If you right click on there, choose Sound Settings. Then click on the arrow icon on the right side of Loudspeaker. What default audio format is shown there?

Speakers / Headphones Realtek Audio
The Format is 24 Bit, 48000 Hz.
I tried to change this to 41000 Hz, but no effect.

Hm, this is all pretty weird.
Well, may I ask you to try with a different generic driver, namely FlexASIO. It’s for free and you can download it from here. Simply run the installer, restart Dorico and select it in the Device Setup dialog. How does that one behave?

Ulf!!!
This is working!!!
The sound is as usual!!!
Thank you very much so far!!!

Dear
Ina

1 Like

Hi,

I think a lot of people have been having similar problems, because Windows 11 speakers don’t let you change the sample rate down from 48000Hz, which is really annoying! I’m hoping using a different driver will work, but seems a flaw on Windows part that you can’t adjust this (with old systems there were loads of options to change it to!)

Changing to FlexASIO worked for me, too! Many thanks, Ulf.

Steve Kobb
Windows 10 Pro