Dorico starts 2x from Hub

Hi.

I click the Dorico icon on my Desktop, and the Steinberg Hub opens.
I select the first Item from the list (the piece I worked on yesterday) and click the Open button.

And then Dorico opens two times:

• Once with the score open (this is what I would expect to happen).
  • And a second time with the score open and a new, empty tab (as if I had pressed +).

I already tried to restart Dorico, the problem persisted. I restarted my PC, and the problem is still there.

Funny thing: The two Dorico instances are totally connected: When I change one note in one window, tha other Dorico instance updates immediately.

Any ideas? :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

It sounds like you saved the project with two windows open, and Dorico is helpfully restoring both windows when you reopen the project. Try closing the other window, then save, close, and reopen the project. Now only a single window should open.

Hi, Daniel.

Thanks for the answer, always appreciated!
I managed to stop the described behavior (probably by closing the second window, working on and saving evantually, so in the end I was doing exactly what you wrote without even knowing).

The only question I still have, is: How did I get there? I don’t remember opening a second Dorico instance of the same file, so how would I end up with two windows of the same file open…?

It’s easy enough to do by way of a keyboard shortcut: Ctrl+Shift+T will open a new window.

OMG, Daniel, you are right. I indeed remember hitting this combination once…
How I got there:
I accidentally pressed +T instead of +T (for tempo popup), and then was curious if ++T would close the unwanted new tab like in my browser.
I totally did not notice that Dorico opened a new window…

Thanks!