Dorico stopped working ....

… AFTER I’ve closed it already (via File > Exit with a saved project still loaded). Why?
If I close down the project and then File > Exit from the Hub screen it closes normally.
stopped working.PNG

Make sure you have followed the steps in the FAQ thread in the question “Dorico is crashing. What should I do?” so that crash logs are created when Dorico crashes, then zip them up and attach them here, and we’ll take a look.

Attached dmp.zip and application.zip
I should say, though, that Dorico doesn’t actually CRASH. It just shows this error screen when exiting, and I close it. It then goes away. Starts up again without any problems.
application.zip (1.29 KB)
Dorico.exe.5400.dmp.zip (323 KB)

I asked Paul to take a look at these crash dumps, and they don’t show anything particularly obvious, I’m afraid. Paul has his suspicions that the utility WindowManager that you have installed could be the cause of the crashes, and I wonder whether you would be willing to try uninstalling that (perhaps temporarily) to see if that resolves the problem.

Are you on Windows 7, because I get a similar report sometimes when I exit…‘Dorico has stopped working’. It then gives you the option to ‘Close the program’ and opens up ok the next time. I have an ACER 6120 dual touchscreen laptop whether that has anything to do with it?

Windows 8.1. I’ll see if the Windows Manager is the cause, but I won’t be at that computer for the next 10 days to check. We’ll see … But it doesn’t happen as long as I exit the current project first.

WindowManager was not the problem. Even when disabled, the problem persists. Any other ideas?

Can you try completely uninstalling it, rather than simply disabling it? It’s quite possible that its hooks into system calls remain behind even when it’s disabled.