Dorico trial: Documents created from template not loading HSO instruments

Hi,
I’ve downloaded and installed the Dorico trial, the HSO vst2 and vst3 instruments, and the HSO .vstsound content. I can open and use Dorico, use the VST standalones, and manually load HSO instruments into Halion Sonic SE (which I reinstalled today to see if it would help the problem --it didn’t. [I didn’t bother reinstalling HSE2 at first because I already had it from my Cubase 7.5]). However, when I try to load a template such as “Film Orchestra”, etc., the HSE2 instances are populated as follows: The first is empty except for the default synth in the first channel, and the second is mostly empty, except for a few non-HSO instruments, like the GM instruments, the pianos, and the orchestral harp.
I’d really hate to have to manually load in each of the HSO instruments. Is there a way to manually reload the template’s instrument sets, or to define my own? Or does this point to an error made somewhere in the installation process? At any rate, what can I do to resolve this problem?

Thanks,
Karissa

Try this: Go to Play Mode and from the main menu choose Play > Apply Default Playback Template. That should reload all sounds again. If it does not, then please choose Help > Create Diagnostic Report. That will create a zip file containing log information on your desktop. Please send it to ‘u dot stoermer at steinberg dot de’ and I will take a look.

Thank you so much for your prompt reply!
Yes, I did the “Apply Default Playback Template” several times. All it does is reload the HSE2 instances with the configuration I described above (eg, mostly empty, with empty slots in all the places you’d expect to see HSO instruments). I will do what you described and send it to you.

Uli - I have the full version of Dorico 1.2 and the same thing is happening to me;
I will follow your advice and send you the Diagnostic report.