Dorico UI Workflow Improvements

Greetings,

“Software is like a joke. If you have to explain it, it’s not that good.”

Dorico usually doesn’t need explaining (so Kudos to the UI overall). But I’ve had to force myself not to say things like “these lousy British savages will be the death of me!” for a while now, all unnecessarily- all because I didn’t see a clear way to do certain things. I see a lot of amazing things in Dorico. I just feel these could be more intuitive.

1. It’s not clear that in the Expression Map window, techniques can be combined. CTRL does seem obvious post hoc, but the same job in Cubase is a different paradigm and entirely graphical. I was able to easily see how to do this in Cubase, Notion, and Overture. Given Dorico being the only program that’s not graphical for this one function, I felt it was worth mentioning.

2. I suggest making the techniques ‘list box area’ widen upon window resizing, instead of the MIDI boxes (length, velocity, etc).
    It’s not a big request. But now that my OCD knows about it, I’ll eventually hyperventilate over it’s weirdness. Help a guy out. :wink:

3. The extra Window option is brilliant, but I only discovered it today. I suggest adding ‘pop out arrows’ instead of a menu option. It’s too tucked away for something so useful and common for workflow. Studio One and Vienna Ensemble do this via a GUI button. Give in to peer pressure!

4. In Overture: when you click on bar 35 on Trumpet 1, the CC lane, piano roll, and sequencer all jump to the same spot with the cursor. In Dorico: nothing happens. Sorry to be so blunt, but this is a huge workflow slow-down for anyone using multiple windows.

Cheers,
-Sean