Dorico with Axiom MIDI controller

Thanks again, angle! I’ll work through that video!

Just so that I don’t waste time in wrong turnings/blind alleys, do I then need to configure (each of) the Axiom’s eight pads (top right) to correspond to the various note values; and then press one of those pads every time I want to send a note other than a crotchet?

After you define a MIDI shortcut (key command), pressing some button or key on your MIDI keyboard does exactly the same thing as pressing the corresponding key on your computer keyboard.

Remember that key commands are context-sensitive, so you can program the same MIDI button to do something different when you are not in note-input mode - exactly the same as for A-G (without shift, ctrl, etc) on the computer keyboard.

So for example you might want to program a couple of MIDI buttons to do “start note input” and “end input”, as well as using them to set the note durations.

Cdh, Ulf, Paul, Matthew, andgle and Rob,

Thanks so much for all your help!

Got it working perfectly using the P(n, 1-6) pads which correspond to Dorico’s (QWERTY) keys for the six most common note values.

I don’t suppose that dotted notes are possible, are they?

Much appreciated :slight_smile:

I don’t see why can’t program a MIDI key to generate a dot - Key Commands > Note Input > Dotted Notes in the Preferences menu.

You probably can’t assign a single MIDI key to “create a dotted quarter note” though.

Thanks, Rob! Yes, I can see that it’s possible.