Dorico won't come back after hibernate (Windows 11)

Using Windows 11, version 21H2, build 22000.675, upon restoring from hibernate (not sleep, though it may be an issue there as well), if Dorico was open when the computer went into hibernation, it sometimes doesn’t restore correctly, and crashes instead. This has happened with different files at different times, and I don’t have time at the moment to trace down any commonality between the instances. Re-opening Dorico gives the usual dialog about restoring files from backup, and then the program works as usual.

In the most recent occurrence (a few minutes ago), Dorico did something different: It hung in what appears to have been a “hibernated” state, with its icon replaced by a blank spot in the Taskbar, but with the small line below that indicates a minimized window. I could see the screen thumbnail of the file I had been working on when I moused over, but clicking the blank “icon” did nothing. Upon running Task Manager, I spotted Dorico running as a background process instead of an open application, so I ended the task, and re-opened. Now running fine as usual.

Any ideas why this might occur?

Thanks in advance!

-Arron Powell

Hi @Arron_Powell , we need some logging data, so please do from the Dorico menu Help > Create Diagnostics Report and post the corresponding zip file here. Thanks

It says it’s too big to upload (just under 15 MB)… Suggestions?

Please send directly to u dot stoermer at steinberg dot de

Actually that was a problem all the way back to Windows ME. It has something to do with the sound unit (and has nothing to do with Dorico). I learned the only way around it was to disable hibernation.

B