Dorico3.5 Wont run VST2 Plugins (VST Bridge NOT Working ?)

Running Dorico 3.5 on WIN7 64Bit.
Can’t run VST2 plugins even after reading and following all the instructions. The VST2 plugins are listed OK in the “Allowed VST2 Plugins” in the preference settings page - but they DONT appear in the pull down list of available VST plugins.

All the plugins I want to use in Dorico work fine in CuBase and I have added the correct folders successfully to Dorico.

So why are the VST2 Plugins registered OK in the preferences dialog (Allowed Plugins) but don’t appear in the pull down list for adding plugins.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Welcome to the forum. Where are the plugins located on your computer? Have you checked to make sure they’re in the correct folder?

If they’re in the correct folder, try clicking on “Clear Audio Engine Cache” to re-scan your plug-ins folders.

Also, please choose from Dorico’s main menu ‘Help > Create Diagnostics Report’ and attach the corresponding zip file here. From that I can best see what is going on on your computer. Thanks

Thank you for your interest and replies.
I have checked the VST folders, which are correct and have “Cleared the Audio Engine Cache”. Despite the instruments showing in the “Allowed Plugins” they do NOT appear in the pulldown list when attempting to add an instrument.

I have successfully created a Dorico Diagnostics.zip file. When trying to attach it there is a message; “New Users are Not Allowed to Upload Attachments” so I’m sorry but the system will not allow me to share the diagnostic file with you.

Thank you

Did you white list the vst2 plug-ins? With most VST2 plugins you must white list them before they will show up.

Then please send the diagnostics file to ‘u dot stoermer at steinberg dot de’. Thanks.

Thanks Rothvin, but my reading of the instructions is that all reference to “Whitelists” is for a previous version of Dorico. The current version 3.5 has no mention in any menus or help of “Whitelists”. The curent version has nice panels for “Allowed Plugins” and “Blocked Plugins”. That is where I am working now with Version 3.5.

Thank you for your well meaning help anyway. Cheers.

Can you name one of these problem VSTs…?

Hi Sarah, you did not send me a diagnostics report, yet.