I am working on a score with 40 parts and 500 bars. My computer has Windows 10 with an i5-6600K @ 3.50Ghz and I am using the newest version of Dorico. Working on such a score (no part-tabs open!) is quiet annoying sometimes, as actions take a lot of time, so I wanted to ask, if it’s only me, or if you have the same problems. Consider, that this is a fast machine, the results on my laptop are worse.
- Clicking on “Add Solo Player” and waiting for the instrument-dialogue to open: 8 seconds
- Then chosing an instrument and waiting for it, to appear in the Players-list: 9 seconds
WRITE (Galley mode, not condensed)
- Hiding a cue: 3 seconds
- Adding / Deleting cue: 3-6 seconds
- Changing pitch of a note / Adding a note: 0.45-0.6 seconds
- Changing length of rall./accel./cue by dragging: not possible, as every bit of movement requires 2-3 seconds of updating, so the mouse loses the “dragging point”
- Works very fine for me, as nothing seems to get updatet.
- Fine there!
- Entering this tab the first time after many edits takes very long. Usually I print my score in the WRITE-Tab using a shortcut, as this works instantly.
Don’t know if it is the update or because the parts are already finished, but reentering the Print Tab took only about 5 seconds.
Thanks for your replys! Dorico is such a great software and in the demo-videos everything seems to work so smoothly, but on my system, this sadly just isn’t the case. With Finale and Sibelius entering notes worked instantly, but of course they didn’t need to update everything. Maybe, if this is a problem with everyone, the Dorico team should consider to wait with certain udpates until the change is needed?