Dotted rhythms in tuplets

I’m having a strange problem when entering a dotted eighth rhythm inside a quintuplet.

I’m trying to write a dotted eighth note and an eighth-note inside a quintuplet: if I input the dotted eighth first, no problem. But if I enter the eighth note first, the dotted eighth automatically shows up as sixteenth-tied to an eighth; I can’t make it look like a dotted eighth:
Screen Shot 2017-01-03 at 5.57.09 PM.png
I also tried with a septuplet, but there, all dotted eighths are correctly entered…

Does anyone know why this is happening, and how to change it?

With dotted sixteenths, it’s also all fine, as shown on this excerpt:
Screen Shot 2017-01-03 at 5.48.03 PM.png
Thanks in advance!

Joel

Have you tried the “Force Duration”? I would imagine somewhere in Dorico’s thought process, the rules are governing that the dotted 8th should be 16th tied to 8th.

I personally have no experience with the “Force Duration” command, so I am not sure how the tool is used (turning it on prior to input or after). A quick look around should give you that info though.

Robby

—But if I enter the eighth note first, the dotted eighth automatically shows up as sixteenth-tied to an eighth; I can’t make it look like a dotted eighth:—

I have no problem here…
Lets try the same with «Force Duration» turn on.

Yes indeed, thank you both, Force Duration did the trick… Though I’m surprised that one needs to use that workaround for such a simple case (and why does Dorico understand a dotted eighth one way without Force Duration and not the other way around?..).
Anyway, it works.
Thank you!

Joel