Hi everyone, I’ve done some more testing this morning.
I installed El Capitan along with Cubase 9 on a separate partition and tested this.
I then cleaned that partition and installed Sierra along with Cubase 9 and tested it again.
Result: This problem was ABSOLUTELY introduced in Sierra and is apparent immediately. I couldn’t reproduce the problem at all on El Captain but could within seconds on Sierra.
What I must say I’m disappointed by here is Steinberg’s Sierra qualification. Any Cubase user would notice this IMMEDIATELY (as we all did here) once upgrading. This absolutely should have been picked up by beta testers. This is yet another reason why Steinberg should adopt more public beta testing.
I’ll raise a case on this too with Steinberg, but in the meantime, I’m thinking of re-installing El Capitan as I honestly couldn’t live with this bug.
I must admit that no other software on my system is affected by this problem though.