Double-click issue in C9.5.10 with Mac OS High Sierra

Hi,
I upgraded to Mac OS High Sierra last week and there is a big annoying double-click issue with Apple Magic Mouse. I have to double click several times in different speeds to rename a track, when opening the MIDI editor window etc. Its is unpredictable whether double-click works or not. It’s really a big issue and need to be addressed ASAP.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7, AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2 GB
Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB, 500GB SSD, upgraded to High Sierra from Mac OS El Capitan from App store.

Same problem here on Sierra and Cubase 9. So the problem is not solved with 9.5. Very very annoying!

I really don’t understand why this problem occurs with the Cubase application and not with any other app.

Steinberg please look into it!

I have the same issue in N7&N8. It’s so frustrating, I considered rolling back to El Capitan…I’m on Sierra, but wondering whether High Sierra will fix it, but thanks to a good friend…I take it that Steinberg are aware of the issue and trying to fix it in an update…I’ll put the kettle on and get out My “WAR AND PEACE”, awaiting the update…It’s workable…if you click in the Control box on the left hand side, to rename…but in the main project labelling …The mouse has been pressed in all speeds, on all surface areas. It’s not what I’d say is…User Friendly. Still, it’s better to use Nuendo and Cubase than some of the other DAW’s on the market…

As far I can tell the double click problems are mainly with the Apple Magic Mouse (I have v2) however I have similar problems with the Wacom tablet mouse.

Has anyone found a solution to this? I’m having the same issue since moving to Cubase 9.5 and Sierra

As far as I know no solution. It seems Steinberg is not looking into this. Perhaps we should report it formally as an issue…

I have same problem…

I’ve just discovered that a triple click will work…

I have the same problem (double click issue) with Cubase 10 in High Sierra, can you help me to resolve it?..

Same problem over here, with Mojave.

For some reason double clicking works without problem with my Trackpad (old one). But magic mouse 2 or wacom surface won’t work.

I also noticed that for instance to change a track name, double clicking in the mixer works way easier than in the project window…
Steinberg could you please check what is different in the coding there?

Moderator, can this thread be moved to the CB10 forum or should I start a new one there?

Using a cheapo Logitech mouse here (usb wireless dongle). Same problem. High sierra on my system. Very frustrating. How does functionality get worse with ‘new and improved’ versions???

The Same problem on Windows 10 with 9.5.5. Double click doesn’t rename track. I use Logitech wireless mouse.

same problem here, Cubase 10, iMac HighSierra, Magic Mouse