Double-click on file opens as SE

for me double-clicking a dorico file to open it causes the program to open as SE about 25% of the time (although I am using Pro). Opening the program first then the file fixes it. I always figured it was due to the wonky eLicensor system but it persists even after the migration to the new authorization system.

Obviously not a big deal, just wanted to mention it…

using MacOS 10.15.7 and have noticed it in all Dorico versions since 3, I believe.

Thanks!

That’s interesting. Next time it occurs, please do Help > Create Diagnostic Report and attach the resulting zip file here so we can take a look and see if we can spot any obvious cause.

Could you be pushing the command key while (or just after) double-clicking the file? I’ve encountered this often, usually when entering a key command immediately after opening a file (e.g., I command-tab to another open app while the Dorico file is opening). Holding command while Dorico opens will open Dorico SE.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip, @James_DeCaro . I didn’t realize that and it is quite possible that I am cmd-tabbing over to something else after I double-click. I have been observing my behaviour the last few days but haven’t noticed it - but also haven’t had Dorico open as SE. I’ll update here as needed.