Double Click/Tap Issue - Cubase 8 on Touchscreen

Hi All,

First post so please be gentle, he he.

I know Cubase isn’t officially supporting touchscreens as far as I’m aware, but I was wondering if anyone else who does use a touchscreen was having any issues double clicking via the touchscreen? For example, opening the key editor by double clicking (or should I say double tapping) on the touchscreen?

When I try to double click/tap, there is lag on the tapping so it doesn’t recognise it as a double click/tap. This doesn’t happen outside of Cubase, and adjusting the double tap speed in the touchscreen settings has no effect.

Any help or advice would be appreciated! I do have a work around - I’ve changed the right click to open the context menu instead of the toolbar - but this adds a few steps, and also I can’t find out how to open the chord editor any other way except by double clicking.

Cheers for your help!

P.S. If you’re wondering why I’m insisting on using a touchscreen, sadly my music writing time is now restricted to the train on the way into work as we just became parents! There isn’t a lot of space to open up a laptop on the train so I opted for a touchscreen laptop.