Double clicking to rename track on cubase 11.0.41 pro not working

I was once able to double click on track name and rename the track but this stopped working. I cant double click on the track name at all. I am on windows 10 pro, build 19043.1387. Please let me know if you have a solution.

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Make sure, you are using Windows 10 and Cubase 11 supported graphic card and the driver is up to date, please. What graphic card do you use?

Do you use HiDPI screen?

Could you try in the Cubase Safe Start Mode [Disable preferences], please?

1 Like

Thanks for the response, see the attached details of my monitor, graphics card and windows version. In safe mode with preferences disabled I get the same results. In safe mode, all third party plugins disabled in also get the same results. With a monitor changed to non HDMI monitor, I get the same results.

HiDPI means the resolution…

Thanks for that clarity, I will check the specific screen resolution settings for both screens I tested on. Is there a specific resolution I should use maybe?

Is your graphics driver up to date? Doesn’t look like … it’s from 2016…
maybe this could be a solution…

there was a bug with some older graphic cards and in Cubase 10 where the click position was at an offset to the mouse pointer on some GUI elements

You guys are the best, I give this one to you, you asked the right questions and made me think. Not in a million years, I wouldn’t have thought this is related to graphics. After I changed my screen to a Sumsung screen I installed a Sumsung screen app called Easy Setting Box. After your questions I remembered because both screens were giving me the same results. I uninstalled it and everything is now perfect, thank you.